Fill In Your Bible IQ
Without using a Bible, reference book or the internet (honor system) answer the following questions.
The answers will be posted in the comments at 9:00 pm (PST).
1. “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” is a quotation from which Old Testament book? ________________
2. Which book of the Bible contains the following? “The promise to Abraham and his descendants, that they should inherit the world, did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.”
3. “…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for God is at work in you, both to will and to work his good pleasure.” Where is this statement found in the Bible?
4-7. In what four New Testament books do we find lists of the Twelve Apostles?
8. Which Old Testament book is named after a prophet called “my messenger”?
9. In what book of the Bible do we find the statement of Jesus, “be wise as serpents and innocent as doves”?
10. Where in the Bible is this sentence: “We have a little sister and she has no breasts.”?
11. Where in the Bible is the description of love which is patient and kind?
12. To whom did Jesus tell the ten lepers to show themselves? __________________
12 Right – Bible Teacher!
11 Right – Over confident Bible Teacher
10 Right – Daily Bible Reader
9 Right – Not a Daily Bible reader, but you have a good memory!
8 Right – You listen closely when you go to church.
7 Right – You need to listen closely when you go to church.
6 Right – Attended Sunday School on a regular basis.
5 Right – Sunday School was a long time ago…
4 Right – Someone stole your Bible…
3 Right – Reading the Bible, even occasionally, can be a wonderful thing…
2 Right – You remember some Bible movies from the 1950s
1 Right – “The Bible… you can find it in most hotel rooms…”
0 Right – Living with a lost tribe in the Amazon rain forest?