#FreeSaeed: Early Action Plan
EVERYONE: ACTION PLAN: By necessity, the action plans must become more detailed – so please read through completely. We want to contact the House committee members before Thursday.
However, the House of Representatives does not take emails unless you are a constituent, and they ask for address verification. So we need everyone to look at membership of the two committees involved in Thursday’s joint meeting.
There are 8 members in this one.
And there are 22 members in this one.
If you do not know your representative, you can find that info here. http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Many of us will not be able to email these people, but for those of you that see your representative, PLEASE EMAIL them on either Tuesday or Wednesday. We especially need YOUR help because of your unique position in being a constituent of a committee member. If possible, followup with a phone call to their Washington D.C office on Wednesday. The member’s name is also a link to their contact page.
Your email should be in your own words, but we believe it should include the following.
1. Expression of gratitude for having the hearing.
2. Mention you are a constituent but also one of thousands of concerned Americans united in the effort to see Saeed released. (You could paste a link to the facebook page here too)
3. Encouragement that he/she adjust schedule to attend the entire meeting to hear all the testimony.
4. Expression of concern that a recent deal with Iran was made without the good-faith action of Iran to release Saeed.
5. Request he/she uses all the power of their office to #FreeSaeed. (Use our hashtag reference)
For best results, please be respectful, nonpartisan, and focused on the issue of Saeed’s release only.
Our action plan has a second part for all of us not represented by one of the committee members. We will share that very soon.