How’s Your Church History IQ?
Working from memory, without reference to reference books or the internet (honor system) answer the following statements as being True or False.
1. Rudolf Bultmann is well known for form-criticism and demythologizing. __________
2. Bernard of Clairvaux was an early member of the Franciscan Order. __________
3. Max Weber wrote The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. __________
4. Alban was the first English martyr. ___________
5. John Henry Newman wrote Tract 90. ___________
6. Bede is known for his history of early Greek Christians. __________
7. Patrick was a missionary of the British church to Ireland. _________
8. Among other things, Anselm wrote the Monologian and Proslogion. __________
9. Rosemary Reuther is a prominent 20th century Roman Catholic theologian. _________
10. Zwingli is usually associate with the Reformation in early Geneva. _________
11. James II of England was a Roman Catholic. ________
12. The Diet of Worms was a lenten discipline practiced by Hesychastic mystics. _________
13. Thomas Jefferson cut our portions of the Bible that he considered unacceptable. ________
14. Cyprian of Carthage said, “Outside the Church there is no salvation”. _________
15. Augustine wrote The City of God in response to the rise of Islam in North Africa. ________
15 Right – Have you ever considered teaching in a seminary?
14 Right – Your pastor considers you a frightening person.
13 Right – You’re considering going to seminary.
12 Right – Very well read.
11 Right – You have read Justo Gonzalez – twice!
10 Right – You have read Justo Gonzalez.
9 Right – Your Church history text book is out of date.
8 Right – You have potential, start reading!
7 Right – You spend a lot of time on The History Channel.
6 Right – You don’t spend enough time on The History Channel.
5 Right – The dog ate my laptop.
4 Right – Church history is a mystery.
3 Right – You remembered some Church history illustrations from sermons.
2 Right – Yes, the Church predates 1968…
1 Right – “Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as Church History…”
0 Right – Did you click on the right post?