Son of Fallen CC Boise Pastor Speaks
This is the comment;
“I won’t be replying to or reading this thread. Since I am Bobs son and know what is going on at least in our family – I think it’s only fair to share what I know as truth. Here is a very simple overview.
1. Nobody knew –
None of our family
None of the church.
It was a secret
2. Adultey happened happened with one person 10 years ago and lasted appx 3 years.
It was a mutual relationship / they continued in some form of emotional relationship for years following.
3. Both parties have claimed to repent and have apologized for their actions.
4. My dad went to New Mexico to meet with a highly regarded counselor for 3 weeks-
5. He currently is in California meeting with Pastor Steve Carr for the next month seeking help.
6. My parents will start counseling in another state together in late spring. That have a lot to work through if you can imagine.
7. My dad is broken. He is not making excuses he is not running away. He is seeking to make things right for his family.
8. This will not be a quick fix
9. He is not planning on starting another church or ministry – if anything he realizes that he had an unhealthy balance in his life
10. Our family is embarrassed we are shocked and we hate that this has become our reality. However we love our dad and believe that Gods promises are true.
11. Tucker was unaware of any of this and has had a whole lot of crap thrown on him to deal with. I love him and am praying for Gods grace in his life.
12. At this point as a family we look to Gods word for truth and direction. God alone has the words of life.
Sorry this has happened,
I have no way of verifying whether or not this is indeed Caldwell’s son.
His description of the duration and nature of the affair does not match what we have been told by multiple sources.
The fact that Bob Caldwell is traveling the country getting “counseling” is problematic to me and is an exercise in privilege that most would never be able to do.
There is much here that still needs answered for…going back to the work with Saeed Abedini.
Perhaps all this counseling will enable Caldwell to face and answer all the questions so many have…