Things I Think
There was the Sunday morning service, the Sunday night service, and the Wednesday prayer meeting. The Wednesday night service wasn’t a mini replica of the Sunday morning service, it was an actual prayer meeting.
People came to pray and be prayed for, not to hear another “teaching”. Today most churches don’t have Sunday night services and if you advertised that Wednesday would be a true prayer meeting crickets would be your prayer partner.
I’ll believe the church is serious about changing the ills of society and culture when we are ready to do the hard work of picking up the only two weapons given to fight such wars…prayer and fasting. Until then, it’s all sound and fury signifying nothing,
2. The culture has not done us nearly as much damage as the “progressive” wing of the church…
3. I’ve already received numerous financial solicitations from ministries in the wake of the Supreme Court decision. This is going to be a cash cow for those who know how to manipulate the people of God. Just for your information, prayer and fasting are free activities that will only cost you time and effort.
4. God has yet to break a sweat.
5. When you’re done watering the broom tree and looking for a cave to live in, remember there are still thousands who haven’t bowed the knee to Baal…and get back to work.
6. I’m as upset that churches will still give K.P. Yohannan a platform as much as I am over the Supreme Court decision. Sin isn’t sin if the good ol’ boys baptize it in cash…
7. If you’re going to comment on the sins of the culture from a Christian perspective, make sure that you mix in the Gospel. Too often we sound like good Jews or practicing Muslims…all law and no Gospel.
8. Once again, we are being told that we are in the very last days. Not the last days, but the very last days. If so, isn’t that a good thing?
9. If the prospect of persecution surprises you, you might want to read the parts of the Scripture that don’t mention homosexuality to get the big picture…
10. In terms of your Christian walk and vocation, absolutely nothing changed last week.