Things I Think
I will offer one.
Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, a gun control advocate or opponent, we all want to find ways to stop the shootings.
No one is unaffected by these tragedies, none are callous in the face of the losses.
None of us have the answers… the answers will only come if all of us stop trying to “win” and start trying to live, act, and think, as members of one community.
2. I think if communities always treated each other the way we do in the aftermath of a tragedy, there would be less tragedies in the first place…
3. There is no single law that could be passed in a free society that would have prevented the shootings. It will take more than legislature passed to prove that we’re trying to make a difference to actually find solutions.
4. In the providence of God I’m teaching through the Beatitudes now…last night was on “blessed are those who mourn”. “Blessed” mourning isn’t just about the loss of loved ones, it’s about mourning the state of our individual souls and the culture we live in. Perhaps if we replaced our cultural addiction to anger with true mourning we would be able to find some real resolutions to our problems…
5. In case you missed it…the ECFA has terminated the membership of Gospel For Asia. Membership in this organization was often offered as proof of their accountability. Now, it appears they have been accountable to no one.
6. The Apostle Peter said that we are to be a peculiar people in relation to the world. I believe what makes us peculiar is that we are to model sacrificial love and the kingdom that is here, but not in it’s fullness. How peculiar are you?
7. It’s been said before and bears repeating. The biggest lie that Satan has sold is that he does not exist.
8. The besetting sin of the evil one was narcissism. Remember that before you snap the next selfie…
9. How peculiar would it be to pray for those who hate us and wish us harm? Maybe that would be a good place to start…
10. Our local community college has just been evacuated…God help us all to make this stop.