Things I Think
We are as disrespectful to authority, as hostile to outsiders, and as contentious to brethren as the worst of them.
I’m backing away from most social media as I take time to count how many millstones I have credited to my account already.
2. I know some conservative Christians who won’t take a drink because it might “stumble” somebody…without realizing that harsh rhetoric in a public forum toward people can be every bit as damaging to people . Condemning an entire group of people because their politics is different than yours is not a keen kingdom builder.
3. It is starting to really bother me in my old age that Jesus gets blamed for my bad attitudes, insensitivity and intolerance.
4. You will never truly understand any theological position in all of Christendom without reading some books about it. The Gospel is simple, but the theology behind it is as wide and deep as the sea.
5. It is not elitist to expect people to be literate on subjects they choose to pontificate on.
6. Among the many books I would like to write, a theology of animals and pets is near the top.
7. CSN has decided not to carry Gospel For Asia’s radio show. What does it say about you when you’re too dirty for Kestler?
8. Somedays it seems like a reverse revival is going on…so many people leaving the visible church. While Satan gets some of the blame, most of it falls on us for allowing things to where they are.
9. Brennan Mannings biography is free on Kindle today… it’s called “All of Grace” and you should read it.
40-DAY DEVOTIONAL SERIES DEBUTS IN NOVEMBER
On November 15th, a new devotional series will debut with Reader Hill.
The MAKE YOUR OWN APPLICATION devotionals are written by well-known Christian blogger Michael Newnham. We are proud to have Michael as one of our authors here at Reader Hill.
Michael Newnham is a dad, a cat lover, and a small-town pastor from Phoenix, Oregon. He is best known for his blog Phoenix Preacher, one of America’s top 200 Christian websites.
He writes about the real life struggles and blessings of being a Christ follower. His style of writing is down-to-earth and easy to read, yet will inspire and challenge you.
Make Your Own Application is a series of unique 40-day devotionals that will challenge you, encourage you, and cause you to think.
In Book 1- CATS, KIDS, and CHRIST– you will discover the spiritual lessons to be found in the most ordinary events in life, from parenting to caring for a sick cat, from sharing your faith to facing the loss of a job. Experience this very different devotional and, of course, make your own application…
This devotional will debut on November 15, 2015.
* * *
Book 2- WORK, WOES, AND WISDOM- will release on December 1, 2015.
Book 3- LOVE, LIFE, AND LEGACY- will release on December 15, 2015.
Once again, we wish to welcome Michael to the Reader Hill family of authors.