Things I Think
1. Wasted some precious time last week arguing with a “rapture ready” pastor after I published that silly video . The end of the “discussion” was when I was marked as under judgment (spiritually blind) for sin and pride because I can’t see that “Jesus is at the door”. Never try to reason with biblical exegesis against a man armed with a tradition.
2. When you pray for guidance assume you’re being led even if it appears you’re going nowhere.
3. America could completely collapse and even cease to exist and Jesus still might not be at the door. The Christian era has seen the collapse of a few empires…
4. I didn’t bother with Facebook much this week. Now that each debate has to include some mention of how stupid, anti-American, and ungodly people who disagree with you are, it isn’t worth the effort.
5. I listened to a podcast last week that featured one of the people that draws a large community of people online that have been abused in churches. This person now mocks not only the trappings of cultural Christianity, but the faith itself. We have no one to blame but ourselves…because we continue to support those who make a mockery of true Christian leadership.
6. Jesus prayed for unity and Paul pleaded that there be no division among us. You’d think we’d at least nod in their general direction…
7. I just started teaching through 1 Corinthians…thinking about trying to replicate the study here.
8.Is anybody writing great Christian literature anymore? Did the Christian imagination die with C.S. Lewis?
9. Sometimes I can’t tell the difference between “peace that passes understanding” and “whistling in the graveyard”…
10.It would be worth the effort to keep the blog up just to be able to read Sarah’s prayers.