Things I Think
1. Lance Armstrong is going to “confess” to Oprah this week and seek forgiveness for lying about being a cheating doper. It’s fascinating and fitting to see that an entertainer has become America’s “pastor”.
2. If my church had a net worth approaching half a billion and my personal assets were in the tens of millions…I’d find a way to help some of the people who helped build my empire when they were in need. Just sayin…
3. Thankful for antibiotics this morning and wondering why God withheld knowledge of them for so long…
4. Found another one of those verses we traditionally and continually misinterpret.“But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—”(1 Corinthians 2:8–9 ESV)
We always hear that this is about what awaits us in heaven…but the very next verse declares “these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit.”(1 Corinthians 2:10 ESV). The verse isn’t about heaven, it’s a quote from Isaiah and the mystery was the death and resurrection of Christ…which has now been revealed. You’re welcome.
5. Wrestling with doctrine is not the same as wrestling with God…you can have a rock solid faith in the character and nature of God while debating secondary issues.
6. Louie Giglio had to step back from delivering the inaugural prayer because he taught that homosexuality was a sin. That poor old boy will get it from both sides now…from the left for being a “bigot” and from the right for not affirming his position strongly enough in the wake of the controversy.
7. His ouster, however is not necessarily a “sign of times”. The second coming of Christ is not tied into the fortunes of the United States in any way, shape, or form biblically.
8. I wonder if people were ranting about the signs of times when a bisexual king commissioned a new bible translation…that became the standard for about 400 years.
9. Here’s my Middle East prophecy update…it’s still there. You’re welcome.
10. Our beloved Nomans needs prayer to help find two furry family members that escaped yesterday. As of this writing they’re not home yet…