Things I Think
1. There are now two extremes of Christian thought online that I find equally odious. On the far right are the ODM’s who loathe anyone who thinks outside their little box. On the far left are the mockers who claim Christ, but also loathe anyone who thinks outside their little box. Both are tyrants who stifle thought, discussion, and Christian charity.
2. There is another big move inside Calvary Chapel to expel any Calvinist leaning pastors.While this is being done with the usual lack of charity, someone who held to the ‘distinctives” would receive likewise in the OPC or PCA. My question is simple…why would a Calvinist want to be affiliated with CC? It makes no sense to me at all.
3. It is odd, however, what the CC traditionalists think defiles them…in light of the scandals reported here and elsewhere.
4. The discussions on Mormonism here reveal how unprepared we are to defend the historic Christian faith. The first litmus test of any sect is Jesus question…”Who do they say I am”? Mormonism says that He was a created being who achieved divinity…and that makes them utter heretics. Period.
5. I don’t have a “conversion testimony”, nor do I trust most of the ones I’ve heard.
6. There’s much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Bible series on the History Channel. I haven’t watched it, but if it’s that bad, why doesn’t someone make an orthodox one instead of another movie about Israel and the Rapture? Just a thought…
7. ” I am a Christian and I practice my faith in the Reformed tradition.”…great piece on the Internet Monk on personal faith identification.
8. I have no clue what’s going on in the rest of the church world since BrianD left…
9. The problem with swearing fidelity to any sects statement of doctrinal distinctives is that you are never allowed to grow beyond them.
10. The voice of God speaking through creation is called “natural revelation”. It is only when I am able to hear that voice that I can lay aside all the unnatural ways we have to live in these days. In other words, get off the computer and go outside…